Monday 1 July 2013

I attended a memorial meeting on Saturday, we were remembering a remarkable woman who had been an inspiration and help to so many people as well as being wife and mother in a kind and loving family. The Meeting House was packed with people all of whom had had their lives enhanced by this person and although I had known her for many years learned so much more about her life from others. I was taken back to my Mother's memorial meeting when again I had learned things about my own Mother and how she touched people's lives in positive ways. It makes me think about my own life and how I might be regarded by others.
I went to a concert by the Haffner orchestra in Lancaster the same evening, they played pieces by Bartok, Holst, Hummel and finished with an uplifting rendition of Beethoven's 6th symphony.
Sunday was spent helping student son leave one house and then go back next day to another house. What fun.
Went to the quiz last night and we won two rounds so will soon be able to go for another meal out!
Still trying to knock my blog ramblings into some sort of coherent prose for a book but it is not easy with my tenuous grasp of the English language (grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation and tense are all providing a challenge).

1 comment:

  1. Robin, don't be hesitant - go for it. Your writing is entertaining and sounds pretty good english to me, similar to wot i write... Anyway just write some and then let someone else read it and give you a crit...

    ReplyDelete