Friday 14 June 2013

Blyth.
Saying goodbye and thanks to my hosts in Peebles it has been another day of getting used to driving with an engine and steering wheel. I have managed to avoid hitting anything and have made sure I treated cyclists with respect.
I stopped in Jedburgh and went on the town walk visiting the town castle jail museum and Mary Queen of Scots house both of which were interesting , informative and well presented, even better they had free admission!
Jedburgh is a splendid little town and well worth a visit.
Then it was over Carter Bar and into England.
I stopped at Wallington
(Wallington walled garden and Mary Queen of Scots house, Jedburgh).
a National Trust house and garden I have visited before but had not appreciated just how splendid the walled garden is tucked away in the woods some distance from the house, this place is deserving of a full day visit, I shall return.
On to Blyth where I get more hospitality from my sister.
Tomorrow I head for home and my own bed ... sigh.
Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment