Friday 7 June 2013

Day 85. Mallaig. I had heard how lovely Plockton is and was convinced it would be all hype but it really is a delightful place nestling in a lush wooded valley with a sheltered bay lined with traditional whitewashed cottages, if even has a railway station and a great many b+bs.
Bathed in sunlight it reminded me some Greek fishing villages I have been to (but without the blistering heat). I think I would like to return here one day and explore more thoroughly perhaps at the same time I complete some unfinished business with Beinn Eighe.
I cycled through Kyle of Lochalsh across the Skye bridge and down the Sleat to catch the ferry from Ardvasor to Mallaig. A glorious ride on a beautiful day, everywhere you look is a stunning view.
I camped on the beach at Morar and am now back in Mallaig waiting for the ferry to Rum.
Good day.
Pics of Beinn Eighe and Plockton.


1 comment:

  1. Another long sit with the road atlas to follow your travels for the last week. Sounds amazing, views stunning and very inspiring. Did you know that WD40 is excellent as midge repellent - apparently it's made with fish oil and they don't like it (up 'em!). Just a thought. Keep on pedalling :)

    ReplyDelete