Friday 21 June 2013

I have now got a diagnosis for my shoulder problems, nothing more exotic than a frozen shoulder but it still hurts and I am having a cortisone injection next week, will that disqualify me from future cycling exploits?
I have been asked about my bike maintenance routine and I have to confess that I didn't have one. I had a new chain and sprocket set put on before I set off and apart from brushing off accumulations of dirt from time to time and applying wet or dry lubricant every couple of days, I just hoped for the best.
I am making progress with producing a book of my trip but am bewildered by the process of getting from word document to publication without paying someone a large amount of money. Working on it.
Kinloch Castle, Rum.

1 comment:

  1. Another catch up for me on your last days travelling. Sad you didn't get to Lake of Menteith. It is an idyllic spot where we and our children spent many happy hours playing and my friends up there still do, if more adult play! Can't believe it has all come to an end. I have followed your travels in Scotland with my road atlas, sad that I am, and wished myself there on many occasion. Re your book, I heard on the radio that it is easier to "get published" online. Not quite sure how, but google 'get published online' and it comes up with a load of options. Just a thought. Hoping that your shoulder mends in time for the first Sunday in September and that in the meantime, you find something in order to pay the bills. Thank you for such a great read these past weeks. I shall miss it.

    ReplyDelete