Thursday 21 February 2013

As I start to write this Suarez has scored a truly wonderful bend it like Beckhamesque goal from a free kick.

I digress. I had a very satisfying ride out today calling at Elaine's tea room at Feizor for lunch, very nice it was too, met someone I used to work with a few years ago so I am pleased I went. Feizor is the most unlikely place for a popular tea room as it is at the end of a cul de sac with no big signs advertising it's presence, yet Elaine's has acquired a good reputation and people make the effort to go there so even on a cold Thursday in February it was busy. I shall go again.

The bridleway out the far end of Feizor goes over into the next little valley that runs from Wharfe to Helwith Bridge. Looking on the map it appears this valley has no name (Wharfedale is taken and Helwithdale doesn't sound right) perhaps the National Park Authority should run a competition to give it a proper name. Anyway, I rode over the bridleway and while it was a little bumpy in places it was no trouble for the bike.

I have been considering ways of reducing the weight I will have to carry when I embark on my journey, I have the light tent, light sleeping bag, light clothing and light wallet. Tomorrow I shall reduce my weight further with a haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment