Tuesday 26 February 2013

I was out late last night so didn't get to post anything, instead I had lovely evening with Ruth including a very slow journey to Kendal as there had been a serious accident on the M6 and a leisurely stroll round an almost deserted town while R went to a meeting.

I was excited to receive a load of pens I have had printed to publicise my blog and will now be handing them out to any unsuspecting poor soul who shows the slightest interest in my trip.

I have still not got my bike back from it's rebuild so went for a short ride on my old bike that is now set up for James so reaching the pedals is a struggle for my little legs.

Now my bike will require proper accomodation when I get it back so today was shed tidying. Where does all that junk come from, I really need to get a grip when it comes to seeing a bit of expended polystyrene and thinking 'I'll save that, it might come in useful'. I am frankly embarassed by the amount of complete rubbish I have kept over the years. One day some documentary maker will come and film me as an old man shuffling round my house stuffed with boxes and carrier bags full of old newspapers, broken electrical appliances and bits of dismantled bikes. Today I found some tins of paint that I fear were from 1987 and Embsay Tank Engine Club cards that my sons had in 1996! Worse still I haven't thrown them away.
I took a whole car load of stuff to the recycling centre but even so there will only just be room for my bike.

This afternoon I have pitched my tent on the lawn and may try sleeping in it tonight knowing that if it gets too cold I can retreat to my own bed.

First I have Table Tennis to go and play (must take some pens with me).

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment