Wednesday 20 February 2013

Not only is the road over to Airton very steep, involving a climb of 248 metres (775 feet) in one mile but was done into the teeth of a stiff, icy cold easterly wind. Needless to say I did much of the first bit pushing the bike, consequently it took me 45 minutes to do the first 3 miles and 20 minutes to do the next 3 miles.

Herd of sheep who thought I had arrived to feed them. They had a lesson in disappointment.

Arrived in Gargrave in time to meet Jim and Judith (happy birthday) for a leisurely lunch at the Anchor and had a catch up of each other's news. Jim is not a fan of cycling and thinks pedalling round Britain would not be his idea of a good time, this from someone who walked to Everest base camp as a leisure activity!


A not very interesting photo of a bike and signpost.

Journey back via Bank Newton, Hellifield, Wigglesworth and Rathmell. Considering I was awake from 3.30 this morning listening to the magnificent England victory over New Zealand in the one day cricket (great batting from Yorkshire's Joe Root, he must be destined for a long England career), I don't feel too tired today. Met with a group of Alpacas in Wigglesworth who treated me with the disdain I probably deserved.


Very wooly Alpacas looking at me like I've just crawled out from under a stone.

Table Tennis last night, Badminton tonight. I can feel some rest days coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment