Thursday 4 April 2013

Day 22 It is so good to be in Sibford, a quiet little Oxfordshire village on the edge of the Cotswolds where my Mother was born and where my Aunt, Uncle and cousins still live. I spent many holidays here as a child and have memories of hot, sunny summers spent playing cricket, cycling, going on walks, outings and (dangerously) building dens in the straw bales. In those days the farm was a pig farm and I remember being woken by the sound of pig feeding activity early in the morning it was all so novel and different from life in the city and even though the pigs have been replaced by sheep it stills feels like a second home. I am having a lazy day today, having cycled about 170 miles in 4 days and had 3 nights in the tent I am allowing myself a little respite before moving on to Oxford. It remains bitterly cold with a stiff easterly breeze and snow flurries, however I am determined to get out for a walk later and hopefully help with feeding some lambs. Meanwhile I shall now try to upload some pics from a Milton Keynes evening. Good day.

1 comment:

  1. So jealous of you being at Sibford, give them our love.

    ReplyDelete