Monday 1 April 2013

Day 18 (I am losing count could be 19). There is carnage on the roads on my route today from Polstead to Cambridge via Sudbury and somewhere really big but I can't remember what is called (I know it hasa Wimpy cos I had lunch there). Anyway much of the time I was A roads and number of dead birds (including a barn owl), badgers and deer I saw was quite sad. The quiz last night was good fun and I got into a team with some very nice people and we were called the 'smegheads',we got off to a storming start and although we didn't make best use of our joker (had we played it round 3 instead of 2 we would have scored 12 more points) by have time we had a big lead but were reeled in as we did poorly on comedy, sport and lines from movies so finished 4th. It was an entertaining 2.5 mile ride back to the campsite in the dark but I made it and had a good night's sleep. Up early and away this morning arriving in Cambridgeat 2.30. Now in Starbucks that is about to close but I will try and upload some pics before they kick me out. Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoying reading your blog from the comfort of home. Don't envy you sleeping in a tent in current weather! Good luck with the rest of you journey and keep up with the blog & photos.
    Jane&Martin (O'Neill)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I rode Lands End to John O'G the great thing was to see the landscape changing, how villages were formed, the transformation housing styles and farming methods depending on local conditions - all fascinating.I can see you're getting the same enjoyment - something different every day, with new challenges and new targets. We're proud of your voyage Robin - well done! Simon

    ReplyDelete