Tuesday 23 April 2013

Day 41. Home. I have never been very good at gardening I am far too impatient and invariably try to get things done too quickly and neglect proper preparation. Consequently any efforts I make to actually grow things in the garden end in disappointment. Today, as it was fine I contented myself with cutting the grass (St George's day and the first lawn mowing of the year!) and some general tidying up of the wilderness that constitutes my garden. Daffodils still blooming and some still in bud .... astonishing. James returned today from a holiday with his Mother and Grandfather in Spain which they had all enjoyed. Tomorrow I shall get out for a bike ride and give serious consideration to whether or not to return to my job when my leave ends and if not what am I going to do instead. I shall now try to add some pics. Good night. pics of Salisbury cathedral and Burnham Ottery Town church.

2 comments:

  1. Robin - I'm glad you're getting time to catch breath and enjoy being home for a while. 38+ days on the road is a fantastic feat, and you started off in such terrible cold weather that it's all the more impressive. I'm sure we all look forward to the second stage, but make sure it's a bit easier for yourself (as you said you would), maybe by a bit less camping! We wish you well! Simon & Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Robin.
    I echo the sentiment in Simon's comment and would like to add that ironing is much overrated - so don't spend too much of your recharging time doing it! Also, I know someone who will be very disappointed if you don't return to your job when your leave is up - just wanted you to know that you are appreciated.
    If you get near Burghead on your Scottish travels and it coincides with us being at our caravan you are welcome to call in - the kettle will be on.
    Letty (and Tiesh)

    ReplyDelete