Saturday 6 April 2013

Day 23. Still in Sibford having been to Eastcote in London today playing hockey for Banbury 3rd team. It is many years since I played a game of competitive game of club hockey and I was clearly not match fit, however I always enjoy a game and although I didn't see much of the ball and we lost 4-1 it was good fun and exercise. After being 3-0 behind in 20 minutes the team did much better and one of the Banbury team scored a terrific goal from the edge of the area but despite playing much better in the second half we couldn't find the goals we needed and I didn't get a shot on goal, not what was required but I tried my best but perhaps am too old to compete at that level now. Tomorrow it is back on the bike to Oxford. Good night.

1 comment:

  1. Just back from three days in Ambleside and enjoyed reading your recent instalments. Those tyres have been good if you haven't had to pump air in them until now.
    I hope you'll get warmer weather - it does seem rather better than when you started.
    Simon

    ReplyDelete