Monday 15 April 2013

Day 32 Bornemouth (Tuckton actually). Still drying out, tent, bike cover and sleeping bag all hanging in the garage and clothing and gloves on racks and radiators. I was utterly soaked through yesterday. Thank you all for the recent comments they are appreciated and encouraging knowing I was not the only one getting rained on. Lazy today, accompanied my nephew to his tennis lesson that turned out not to be on but hit some tennis balls anyway then out for the day to Corfe Castle and Swanage. I remember many years ago my Dad sending a postcard of Corfe Castle from a field trip he was on and from then on wanted to visit the place, it took 45 years but I got there a few years ago and it was nice to return. There knights in armour and ladies in flowing dresses and headdresses recreating life in a 14th century castle (part of the National Trust's drive to get families in). Swanage is a lovely seaside town, facing east means it isn't the warmest but it is sheltered from the south westerly wind. We had a stroll along the beach and a cream tea before coming back via the ferry that runs from Studland to Sandbanks. This evening I went along to the local table tennis club for the over 55's and despite being probably the youngest there was outclassed in both ability and energy (think I might retire to Bournemouth it seems to have a revitalising effect on people). Tomorrow I shall be lazy again before moving on to Salisbury on Tuesday, I may well try and get back to Yorkshire by Saturday so I can get to hockey on Sunday but this will mean resorting to rail travel, we shall see. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment