Tuesday 16 April 2013

Days 33 and 34 Christchurch market, Hengistbury head and Salisbury. Didn't get round towriting anything yesterday but did have busy day going to Christchurch market and then to a Raptor and Reptile place that looked a bit in need of investment and smartening up but there were some magnificent birds including Eagles, Owls and Vultures, however my favorites were Harvest mice being bred for release into the wild, utterly charming tiny little creatures. Last night we had a walk to Hengistbury head to watch the sunset but this was thwarted by cloud but I took some pics anyway. This morning after taking my nephew to school I was back on the bike for a lovely ride through the New Forest to Salisbury, stopping for lunch at Castle Hill overlooking the Avon valley. I got to Salisbury about 2.30 threw the tent up and went to see Old Sarum which was occupied by humans from the iron age until being abandonded in the 16th century having once had a huge castle, Cathedral and town from 1070 to 1150 before the King and Church fell out and the new Cathedral in Salisbury was built taking the town with it. Salisbury seems a fine town dominated by the breathtaking Cathedral. It really is very picturesque and I have taken loads of pics. Now in Wetherspoons enjoying a nice pasta dish to give me energy for the ride to Winchester tomorrow. This means I shall miss the ridiculous overblown funeral of MT it really beggars belief that such a devisive individual should be afforded such ceremony and reverence, I turn my back on whole charade. Good night. Pics of Hengistbury head, Harvest mice, Avon valley, Old Sarum and Salisbury Cathedral.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful photo of an only slightly clouded sunset. As you say lovely part of the world. I too am sadly unable to go to MT's posthumous bash - God's most recent representative on Earth, or so she thought. Yes I think of her quite often as I drive through Great Houghton and Hemsworth, two of the desolated villages in the Dearne valley. Still some people are doing well, some miners have been most successful in the business scene in and around Barnsley I am told, no link to their position of course. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete