Sunday 31 March 2013

Day 18 Well now, the lovely hotel I stayed in last night is run by a lady who's daughter is an author. Her first book is about amurder that happened in 1827 in the village of Polstead which by complete coincidence is where I am camping tonight. I had considered heading over to Harwich and then on to visit a very ancient chapel at Bradwell on Sea and Southminster where I visited my Aunty Joyce many years ago. Hoever, I decided it was too far down a cul de sac so have headedcinland and am now aiming for Sibford by Wednesday by way of Cambridge, Milton Keynes and Banbury. Suffolk is full of pretty villages with colourful thatched cottages at every turntoday I came by Ipswich and Hadleighto Polstead. I am going to a quiz in the village pub tonight to see if I can repeat the luck I had in Lincoln. I shall try to upload some pics of Suffolk now. Good night.

1 comment:

  1. I am mightily impressed with your determination Robin, and I'm pleased that you keep bumping in to good experiences. The Norfolk / Suffolk coast I cannot say I know well, but have been to the Norfolk coast a few times and it has a certain bleak or wild charm. It's other endearing quality to the cyclist is doubtless its generally horizontal disposition. Cheers Mark.

    ReplyDelete