Monday 25 March 2013

Day 12

If you should notice any of my posts ending abruptly it is probably because I lost patience with this device.
My journey today took me from my very comfortable accommodation via Sutton Bridge, Kings Lynn, Castle Rising and Sandringham to Hunstanton.




Photos above show the b+b I stayed in, Sutton Bridge and my bike on the front at Hunstanton.
A word to all road users considering visiting this part of the world, the A17 is no fun whatsoever especially on a bicycle, although I wasn't on it for long every lorry that thundered past threatened to drag me under it's wheels and with the wind blowing strongly aswell that bit of the journey was an ordeal.
Kings Lynn looked like a rather nice town and I was amused to see the Quaker Meeting House is an old pub with a door that says 'Bar Palour' on it. Castle Rising looks an interesting place but was closed and I particularly enjoyed the ride through the forest around Sandringham.
I stopped for drink at one point and the wind was so strong it whipped away one of my silk gloves and I fear it was promptly eaten by a horse that came to see what I was doing, consequently my left hand will henceforth have to be colder than my right. I am once again living it up in a swish b+b but have resolved that tomorrow I will make use of my tent which has so far been only excess baggage.
Tomorrow Holkam beach, Wells next the Sea and Fakenham.

Good night. a bicycle, although I wasn't on it for long every lorry that thundered pastvthreaten

1 comment:

  1. Kings lynn is a very nice town. Me and my Dad spent a weekend there a couple of years back for stock cars and we liked it a lot. Still got a passenger ferry as well.

    ReplyDelete