Saturday 2 March 2013

Spring is here.

Study of sheep and lambs.

Today my trip took me to Keasden then on a long, long climb to Bowland Knotts at a height of 422 metres before the descent through Gisburn Forest to Stocks reservoir where I came across dozens of mountain bikers out to enjoy the cycle tracks through the forest .... crazy and dangerous, best to stick to roads where the only dangers are other cyclists, pedestrians,cars, lorries, buses, vans, potholes and motorcycles.

On my way back I saw many lambs in the fields (better than on the roads) so took some photos to demonstrate that spring is here.



I also took a pic of Eldroth church as I passed by, it is a charming little church tucked away from the village in it's own little dell, unfortunately my pic is rubbish, so here is one James took previously.


On my rides round the area I have become aware how most settlements and villages very sensibly nestle in valleys and dips to shelter from the worst of the weather, however I have noticed that Tossides sits proudly and defiantly on top of it's own hill as if to say 'we're reet tough 'ere, throw it all at us, we can tek it'. They're hard as nails in Tosside.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment