Monday 18 March 2013

Day 5 (Supplemental). Breakfast was excellent this morning and the weather was docile this morning but drizzling this afternoon. I found a first rate sweet shop on the imaginatively named 'Steep Hill' that sold all manner of old style stuff like'Bull's Eyes' and 'Scented Satins'. This evening enjoyed a very good quattro formagio pizza then went to The Commercial pub and had a go in their quiz. Ifound myself at a table amid a quiz team so had to move to another table and joined a charming young lady who was able to help with some of the questions I didn't know the answers to and astonishingly we won £20 by coming first. I shall keep a look out for quizzes as I travel there might be chance of subsidising my trip in this manner. Good night.

2 comments:

  1. We're chortling here! Beware of strange women in Lincoln pubs. How I envy your travels. Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn good earner if you ask me....

    ReplyDelete