Thursday 14 March 2013

Day one
Well here I am in Hebden Bridge having cycled 44 miles to get here. I stopped off at Ashfield in Skipton(my erstwhile place of employment) which surprised them as thought I had alreadycset off. It was great to everyone and the improvements made.

Why is it that uphill bits are long and arduous and the downhill bits are short and terrifyingly steep? I made three long ascents two of which reached 390 metres and three vertiginous descents that really tested the brakes. Went over some bleak, snowy terrain between Colne and Hebden Bridge.
The long and winding road to Hebden Bridge.

Having booked in to my B+B I showered and changed and am now enjoying a bargain threecourse meal for £5 (tea time special) at the White Swan.

An evening stroll and an early night methinks

1 comment: