Sunday 24 March 2013

Day 11

Well I had to get back on the bike and brave the weather eventually so today it was back on the road heading south and east.
Now, I have no wish to be rude about Lincolnshire and I am very grateful for all the vegetables grown here, but scenic it ain't. On a fine day or night the big skies above the flat land would be impressive but on a cold grey March day it is just tedious and dull and the smell of cabbage is not the best (although better than the slurry being spread around the dales).

Sign of spring in the face of continuing winter.



Having cycled along the flatest, straitest road I have ever seen I came to Boston but continued on without stopping and turned east to Frampton and Fosdyke where I stopped for lunch. I passed some attractive buildings one of which I share with you here.
 I stopped have a look round Holbeach but it was closed and so continued on to Long Sutton which looked rather nice but was also closed. I am now at a splendid Bed and Breakfast at Lutton Garnsgate and have enjoyed a very nice dinner and having watched the weathercforecast for the coming week am now preparing to hibernate.

Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, if only you were in the tropical climate of Stirlingshire, we've got nice, cool (okay, freezing), snow-less weather up here!

    Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Robin! What can I say to help you through this worst of winters? I only hope you live to tell the tale in years to come, beside a glowing fire. Cheers, Simon

    ReplyDelete