Sunday 17 March 2013

Day 4 To be fair the weather when I left Sheffield this morning was quite nice, even had glimpse of sun and for a while I pedalled along happily listening to the birds including some skylarks (the first I have heard this year). However, from 11.30 onwards it was waterproofs on and steadily deteriorating conditions gentle rain became heavy rainand later proper snow. It was miserable cycling weather but at least it spurred me on to find food and warmth so did the 46 miles to Lincoln in 5 hours. The bed and breakfast place ( 202 Guesthouse) seems very nice and comfortable, I will let you know if the breakfast is good or not. After getting washed, warmed and changed went out in heavy snow to view the sights, the cathedral is stunning the effect enhanced by the fact it is on top of ahill and it dominates the city. There was an organ recital on and I just caught the end of that before having quick look round the splendid interior. When I came out the floodlit cathedral looked magnificent with the snow catching the light all around it. Unfortunately I am again having problems uploadingphotos to the blog so will do a catch up page later. I was very hungry and happened upon a 'walkabout' that did a special offer that I couldn't resist with lots of calories and glass of wine. Tomorrow I shall hope for better weather so I can explore the city without getting soaked again. Good night.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are getting the miles in - well done Robin! I did post yesterday and thought it had worked, but can't see evidence on the blog. Lovely to see you in Upper Denby, and you'll be pleased to know it was moderately nice here on Sunday - no snow, and I got out for 90 minutes riding. Ride carefully - Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, I am SO pleased you had no snow because that meant I got plenty.

      Delete
    2. Tee hee. . . but we're thinking of you and know you're having a great time

      Delete