Thursday 9 May 2013

Day 57. Cupar. Today I have cycled 47 miles and am only 15 miles from where I started. However, I have visited some really nice little fishing villages and enjoyed some wonderful views. Leven is such a good place, the b+b was excellent and very reasonable, I slept soundly after a lovely evening watching the sunset from the beach and chatting to a fellow guest whilst watching football. This chap is 76 and is just recovering from having a second hip replacement and is hoping to get back to playing golf as soon as he can. Leven has two golf courses next to each other and some seriouly good parks with sensory gardens and woodland walks. The fishing villages were all fairly similar but Elie stood out as the prettiest and most interesting with a fine harbour and views of the firth towards Edinburgh and the Bass rock. Pittemweem (deserted), Anstruther (big and busy) and Crail (sleepy) were all fine but Elie won my heart. The day started fine but got steadily cloudier and eventually rainy until late evening by which time I had made it to Cupar along gentle quiet roads aided by the best mile stones ever (see pic). Cupar is distinctly average but I did find a nice pub for dinner and Tesco for some breakfast supplies as I am 'wild' camping in a wood tonight. Tomorrow to Falkland Palace and Perth. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment