Friday 24 May 2013

Day 73. Tain. Met up with my old friend and his cycling group last night for a meal at St Duthus Hotel and had a great evening swapping cycling and football stories. The chap I met yesterday is Dave Higgins and his website is www.coastingroundbritain.co.uk he has been joined by his brother who arrived in Tain at 01.30 due to train delays, they are all packed up and ready to go at 07.30 this morning each with a backpack weighing about 12-15 kg. Glad I am on my bike, wheels are a big help, wonderful invention. I am heading off into the northern wilds aiming for Altnaharra (the coldest place in Britain) where I am told there is no phone signal so may not post for a day or two. Good day. Having trouble with pics again, sorry.

1 comment:

  1. For the record the old friend is Simon Lawrence! Glad to see you Robin, and especially pleased that you got to Crask Inn and Altnaharra. You will surely have found the summit of Ben Hope today? Best wishes, Simon

    ReplyDelete