Monday 27 May 2013

Days 74 and 75. Durness. If someone a year ago had told me I would be capable of cycling 13 miles, climbing a 3000+ foot mountain then cycling another 13 miles before camping out on a windswept moor I would not have believed it. However, yesterday was such a splendid day and Ben Hope looked so enticing this is what I did. The climb is steep and unrelenting but is rewarded with the most astonishing views, I read you can see half of Scotland from the summit and that is possibly true, I could see to Orkney, Cape Wrath and mountains to the south stretching for miles including Foinaven and Suilven. I have just had a tour of Smoo cave and am contemplating staying in Durness for the night or pushing on to Kinlochbervie ready for the walk to Sandwood bay. Good day. Regret still don't seem to be able to upload photos too little memory apparently I shall have to seek advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment