Saturday 18 May 2013

Day 66. Turriff. £8.50 (€9.50) for a 16 mile return bus trip to Fyvie! Yesterday the same bus company let me travel about 130 miles for £15.50. Huh. Fyvie Castle is very grand with lots of impressive art including a superb Millais landscape and fine plaster ceilings. The place is very popular for weddings and it is easy to see why. The weather today was, as forecast, wet and misty so the castle didn't look it's best but I enjoyed a leisurely look round, a very nice slice of coffee and walnut cake before a soggy walk round the loch back to the village. The very nice people at the b+b provided an excellent soup and sandwich supper which saved me from a damp trek to the takeaway. I have discovered Portsoy ice cream, I am not usually that enthusiastic about ice cream but their chocolate and ginger is divine. Tonight is the annual Eurovision humiliate the British song competition, oo look some paint drying.... Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment