Saturday 18 May 2013

Day 66. Turriff. On this misty, moisty morning I am considering my options for the day and I think it will be Fyvie castle today. Those of you who have been following this blog will have noticed that in England I posted many pics of churches but not since I got to Scotland. There are lots of churches here but as with much of Scottish architecture utility seems to be the dominating principle so while buildings are pleasing to the eye and well proportioned they are not necessarily photogenic, Fraserburgh in particular struck me as a place built to serve the needs of the people with no fancy nonsense. I forgot to mention the delightful couple I met at Pennan. Having reached the age of 50 and having pledged as teenagers to do a tour of Scotland they were enjoying fulfilling their pledge in their matching hoodies sporting the old gaelic (I think) phrase 'phuck phifty'. I hope their car made it back up the hill out of the village as I assured them it would. Tomorrow I shall head west hoping to make it to Findhorn on Tuesday. Good day.

1 comment:

  1. Hello it was a pleasure to meet you too. You left us both in awe of your fantastic journey. Our car did indeed make it back up the hill and the hairpin bend at the bottom made it even more exciting! Though it was indeed worth the trip down. Loving reading your blog too. Safe travels calm winds and kind weather for the remainder of your trip.

    ReplyDelete