Thursday 23 May 2013

Day 71. Dingwall. The showers were mercifully brief blown on by the stiff norwesterly but the rain still stung on my frozen cheeks. I had a little explore of the Black Isle (not an island atall) and stood on Chanonry Point in hope of seeing dolphins, lots of people with binoculars doing likewise but I hope they did better than me. Super little museum in Rosemarkie, Groam House with some really good carved stone Pictish art. Have now reached Dingwall which seems a nice little town, even has a 24 hour Tesco store so if the tent blows away in the night I know where to get food and shelter. Hope to meet a friend who is cycling down from Altnaharra tomorrow when we should both be in Tain. Good night.

1 comment:

  1. Published Itinerary for QM2 has it en-route from Hamburg to Southampton on 24th May - seems a bit of a detour to take in Invergordon !

    Loving your tales & observations - give us more !

    ReplyDelete