Wednesday 8 May 2013

Days 55 and 56. Peebles and Leven. My journey north was sunny and rapid, with brief stops in Moffat for an ice cream and the Devil's beef tub to admire the view I was in Peebles in good time to have wander round this very fine border town before going to the home of my oldest friends for a good meal, good conversation and a good night's rest. This morning I cheated having decided the road from Peebles to Edinburgh is not safe to cycle down I got a lift with my host to Edinburgh from where I cycled along the south side of the Firth of Forth, over the Forth bridge then along the north side of the Firth passing through Aberdour and Kirkcaldy to reach Leven at 2.30. Leven is a delightful little seaside town that has seen better days but has the most magnificent beach, excellent leisure centre (where I went for a swim and some lovely countryside. I have no wifi so will end here before I use up all my credit. Good night. Pics of Devil's beef tub, view from b+b and sunset across Leven beach.

1 comment:

  1. Robin - Steeleye Span came on the radio today, followed by Lindisfarne. It took me straight back to the 70s when we saw SS 6 times togather. Glad you're on your way again. Have you dropped any of your kit this trip, in the light of previous experience?
    Huddersfield v Barnsley was the weirdest match you'd ever see, with the Tykes' goalie dribbling the ball in his own penalty area for 2 minutes while all the players and nervous ref watched from the centre circle, both sides content with the knowledge that if Peterborough didn't score we'd all be safe, and then applauding each other, singing 'We're Yorkshire". The Guardian had an editorial piece in praise of both teams. Congrats to Weds, and look forward to your fervent supporters next year - Simon

    ReplyDelete